Programme // ANIDOX:LAB
Module 1: 6 - 8 April 2020
Seminar: “Introduction to Animated documentary, techniques and forming new collaborations”.
6 – 8 April 2020
The Danish Film institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
The Seminar will takes place at the Film Workshop at DFI Copenhagen. This two and a half day seminar is focused on forming new collaborations and supporting the individual project development, on ’shaping a visual story’: Documentary language and introducing new platforms both for production and distribution. Participating filmmakers are expected to present a project concept including visuals to support this. One on one as well as group sessions will be arranged with consultants and tutors.
We will establish the range of possibilities of animated documentaries, introducing new methods and approaches to broaden the horizons and inspire!
Day 1: Meetings, introductions, project presentations.
Day 2: Masterclass & consultation sessions
Focus: animated doc and the collaborative process
Day 3: Inspirations, production and planning. Masterclass & workshop
Focus: storytelling challenges and emerging media/VR
Tutors and guest lecturers:
- Uri Kranot – Filmmaker, ANIDOX:LAB Tutor
- Erik Gandini – Film director, producer, FASAD.
- Ane Mandrup Pedersen – Head of the Production & Developing Unit for Short & Documentary Film at The Danish Film Institute
- Cecilia Lidin – Danish Film Institute Film commissioner
- Hans Frederik Jacobsen – Script writer, Programmer CPH:DOX
Module 2: August 10 – 14 2020
Creative Workshop: ’Hands-on’ VIZ LAB
August 10 – 14 2020
The Animation Workshop, Viborg, Denmark.
During this longer workshop period, participants are ‘attached’ to visual artists/animators (VIZ Lab artist) who will help create visual foundations in preparation for a project pitch-trailer (2 min.). In order to make the most of these unique opportunities, participants are required to bring their visual materials, sound and research. They will receive also consultation on the other various aspects of their project, according to their needs – from story to art direction, structure and production and with a special focus on pitching.
- Uri Kranot – Filmmaker, ANIDOX:LAB tutor.
- Abigail Addison – Producer and director of Animate projects, UK.
- Juan Pablo Libossart – Documentary Film commissioner, Swedish Film Institute.
- Lawrence Marvit – Art director and designer.
- Hans Frederik Jacobsen – Script consultant and Programmer CPH:DOX.
- Amalie Olesen – Playwright and story consultant.
Turku Animation festival, Turku, Finland: August 2020
Viborg Animation Festival, Viborg, Denmark: September 2020
Nordisk Panorama, Malmö, Sweden: September 2020
Fredrikstad Animation Festival, Fredrikstad, Norway: October 2020
Animateka, Ljubljana, Slovenia: December 2020
MiradasDoc., Tenerife, Canary Islands: January 2021
CPH:DOX, Copenhagen, Denmark: March 2021